Monday, February 28, 2011

Soak Up the Son



Since it's been winter, I have noticed just how white my skin has been, and, like everyone else, I like a good tan. So, I've been using this lotion that gradually gives you a little color. Well I was thinking the other day about things to post on here and my eyes wandered over to the bottle of lotion. I got to thinking and this is what I came up with.

Many of us, especially girls, will work all summer to get a tan. Trust me, I'm guilty of it too. But, why do we do it? To make us look better, healthier, etc. So, we will lay out in the sun and get burnt to a crisp in order to perfect our summer glow. With that said, I have a question for you. What are we doing in order to obtain our Christian glow? Are we soaking up God's son? If we are so concerned about our physical beauty, why aren't we much more diligent about gaining spiritual beauty? In my eyes, we need to be more concerned about that appearance than anything else.  We need to be soaking up as much God as we possibly can. This will help us to obtain a better Christian glow. When we walk or talk a little different, people will begin to wonder what has caused this transformation. Then this gives us the opportunity to spread the son. We need to soak up Jesus as often as we can. We don't need false tans from lotions or sprays. All it takes is things like reading our Bibles, praying, and loving God with all our hearts. This will give us a better appearance (aka- a spiritual tan), and it won't even leave any tan lines! 

No comments:

Post a Comment