Thursday, March 17, 2011

Everlasting Eyeshadow

So on to the next item in the makeup group: eye shadow. This one was a little more difficult for me to associate with God. But God, amazing as always, gave me this thought. "Keep your eyes set upon God and the things of the Lord." When it came to my mind I was like, "Duh!" It was one of those 'shoula had a V8' moments for me. This statement seems so simple doesn't it. I mean we've heard it all our lives. "Live for God no matter what." And, "Do God's will." We say it like its something that just naturally happens. However, in reality, it's really not that simple. It should be easy for a Christian to live for God, but, somehow, we always seem to let our flesh get in the way and hender the task. Here are some verses I found about setting your eyes upon God:

"Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wonderous things out of thy law." -Psalm 119:18

"Blessed are the pure at heart: for they shall see God." -Matthew 5:8

Sure, there is much more scripture to cover this subject. But I just chose a few. Basically, we should set our eyes upon God and the things concerning him. So many times, we will set our eyes on what is going on in the world around us, and we will completly miss little signs sent from God. How often does that happen. My answer: a bunch! Once you think about it though, look at all the little things God does for us. It can be as simply as allowing us to breath this very second, telling the birds to sing us a song in the calm of the morning, or even just keeping us safe from harm and danger when we are driving down the road. God does so much for us every second of every day, and we don't seem to give him the time of day. I know I fall into that category. When our eyes are fixated on the things of this world, they can't be set on God. It's either one or the other. We arn't Spritually cross-eyed! If our eyes are fixed on him, we will be more apt to see blessings and miricles that he's performing all around us. And the more we look to God, the more we notice his love toward us and begin to fall deeper in love with him. So, make sure you apply your eyeshadow today!

No comments:

Post a Comment