Monday, May 13, 2013

Holding God's Hand

Hey guys! It's been awhile hasn't it! Well I have to admit I have neglected this blog for a while. With school, work, and church activities, it's been hard to keep up with. But today I decided to share something with yall.

As all of you know, yesterday was Mother's Day! I hope each of you were able to enjoy it with your mothers. I myself had a wonderful time with my family. We ate and played and did pretty much everything we do everyday. So, you may be thinking, what's so special about it? Well I will tell you.

I have a little cousin, Gage, and he is two years old. All of us cousins were all outside yesterday at my Papaw's house playing and basically wearing all the little ones out. Ha Ha  Well as the day went on, Gage decided he wanted to wonder around a little bit and thought he would grasp my hand and drag my along with him, you know, typical two-year-old behavior. So, with his vivid imagination, he took me all over the property. This one instance, he found a ditch that Papaw had made to direct all the rain water out of the driveway and into the field. Well, yesterday, Gage just seemed attracted to this ditch. So, he pulled me along with him and started walking up and down the ditch... in it that is. I stayed in the outside and held his hand so he wouldn't trip and fall on rocks and the rugged terrain. However, along the way, he would still loose his footing and and grasp onto my hand even harder. I would assure him, "Don't worry. I've got you. I won't let you fall." He would then get up and keep walking through the rut until he reached the end and came out.

Well, I know that this is just a two-year-old's imagination and he was just wondering around, but it gave me a thought. As I was holding to his hand, Gage didn't care to just walk on, probably forgetting I was even there. That is, until he slipped. That's when he would grasp my hand and look for protection, which I was always there to provide even if he didn't know it or even forgot. So, with this in mind, how many times do we see ourselves drawn to walk in a ditch? Speaking for myself, too often! But, we go anyway. Even though the terrain is fill with rocks and ruts, we find it fun to walk in. But, all along the way, God holds our hand. We may not feel it, look for it, remember it, or even care, but God is always there. So, when we slip up and look for protection, we will be there to help us regain our footing. This is not to say that we should ever get in a ditch. It's not a good place to be. But, if you are struggling today, and the devil has thrown you in the ditch, just remember, God is always holding onto your hand. Grasp it with all of your might! You will make it to the field of grace!  

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post. And such an awesome thought that if we get into trouble, the Master is there, walking beside us, and holding our hand. We are never alone. <3 I love this, Sam! I had no idea you even had a blog, but I'll be checking in faithfully now. Keep writing!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete